Restoring Your Classic Corvette
- Finding the Right Corvette for Restoration
- Starting Your Restoration
- Miscellaneous Restoration Tasks
- Engine Restoration Tasks
Finding the Right Corvette for Restoration
Some cars are simply too far gone for the amateur to restore. Others are restorable only if you spend lots of money - more than the car will be worth when you're done. The trick is to find a nice enough car that restoration is possible, and makes financial sense.
- Is This Corvette A Good Investment?
- 5 Affordable Corvettes to Buy
- Find a Corvette That Fits Your Budget
- How To Buy An Old Corvette
- Follow Along An Actual Restoration Purchase
- Join Your Local Corvette Club
- Think Again About Your Commitment to Restoration
Starting Your Restoration
Unless you're a serious collector, you will probably not buy a Corvette and take it straight to a frame-off restoration. You will want to fix what you can and bring your Corvette up in stages, while you continue to enjoy driving and owning the car.
- See What Others Have Done
- A Basic Engine Evaluation on the Dyno
- Pick a Small Project - Like Refreshing Your Steering Wheel
- Understand The Grade Of Oil Your Corvette Needs
- How To Read Your Oil Can
- How to Bump Up Performance - But Not Spoil Your Restoration
- How To Keep Tack of Parts as You Disassemble Your Corvette for Restoration
- Order of Disassembly for a Corvette
Miscellaneous Restoration Tasks
You can restore your Corvette to drivable or show condition piece-by-piece, taking each part of the car in turn as you are able.
- Restore Your Wheels
- Restore Your Ignition System
- About Your Corvette's Catalytic Converter
- Rebuild Your Front Suspension
- Getting Rid of Mouse (or Cat) Odors
- How To Clean Dirty Parts During Restoration
- How to Refresh or Replace Your C3 Corvette Fuel Tank
- Replacing Your Corvette's Power Brake Vacuum Booster
- How to Fix a Crack in Your Corvette's Bodywork
- Replacing Your 1974 and Later Rear Bumper Skin
- How To Replace The Carpet In Your Vintage Corvette
- What About Corvette Frame Damage?
Engine Restoration Tasks
Your Corvette's engine is the heart and soul of its performance. These articles give you the background you need to decide how to refresh or replace your 'Vette's prime mover.