Engine and Transmission:
350 cubic inch small block V8 at 200 or 255 horsepower, or 454 cubic inch big block V8 at 270 horsepower. Transmission options were 4-speed manual or 3-speed automatic.
- The drop from 1971 rated horsepower of 270 to 200 happened only on paper. GM went from rating cars at Gross Horsepower to Net Horsepower for this year due to government regulations.
- 20,496 Corvette coupes and 6508 convertibles were made in 1972.
- The car pictured in this profile was the first 1972 Corvette off the assembly line.
- This car came with a 454 engine, automatic transmission, factory air, and power everything.
- This car was sold from the Bob McDorman Collection by Mecum Auctions in November, 2010.